Wanchain (WAN) “Jupiter Hard Fork” and Other Top 2021 Updates
To further educate its users as well as boost awareness, Wanchain (WAN) has published a recap of its 2021 events. This article covers in-depth details of these events. Presenting a brief run-through of these happenings and their effects on the Wanchain ecosystem.
Wanchain (WAN) 2021 First Half – (Bridges, Strategic Partnerships, etc.)
During the first six months of the year, we see several strategic updates. We would briefly cover these updates based on their order of occurrence.
- In February 2021 – Wanchain carried out the mainnet launch of its multi-chain bridges. This means that all of Wanchain’s staking assets are currently housed in the same collateral pool.
- March 2021 – The DeFi interoperability platform also launched a direct bridge from Bitcoin to Ethereum. Notably, this is the first-ever BTC to ETH direct bridge. Facilitating the fast and seamless transfers of BTC tokens to ETH without any intermediate blockchain. Wanchain also launched a Binance Smart Chain (BSC) to Ethereum (ETH) decentralized bridge in March. Enabling seamless token transfers between BSC and Ethereum Chain.
- In April – Wanchain announced its XRP Ledger integration. Therefore facilitating the introduction of Ripple XRP to the DeFi space. Wanchain’s “Jupiter” hard fork also went live in April 2021. The hard fork provided the DeFi platform with complete EVM compatibility. Therefore facilitating easy movement of ETH dApps to Wanchain.
- In May – Wanchain launched its Universal Cross-chain Faucet. Therefore, making it possible for newcomers to the platform to enjoy its top-notch cross-chain features.
- June 2021 – Wanchain integrated Litecoin. The integration helped introduce Litecoin (LTC) to the DeFi space.
Wanchain (WAN) 2021 Second Half
- Wanchain, in July, launched its Wanscan update. Providing community members with access to important data and statistics like “total cross-chain value minted,” etc.
- In August – the DeFi platform entered into a strategic partnership with Moonbeam. The partnership was directed at helping to improve the Kusama DeFi ecosystem using Moonriver.
- September 2021 – Wanchain’s WanBridge Web launched a unique intuitive UI design and a cross-chain, browser-based interface. WanBridge Web Mobile also went live. Lastly, Wanchain and Avalanche entered into a strategic partnership. And the Wanchain cross-chain platform incorporated Avalanche C-chain.
- October 2021 – Wanchain launches the first-ever Polkadot bridge. Therefore bringing EVM smart contracts to the Polkadot ecosystem.
- In November – Dogechain and Fantom also joined the Wanchain ecosystem.
- Lastly, In December 2021 – Wanchain collaborates with Polygon (formerly Matic). Together, both platforms are focused on facilitating interoperability in the DEFI space. The partners will also help launch the “Polygon <-> Arbitrum Layer 2-to-Layer 2 cross-chain bridge.”
While 2021 was a truly eventful year for Wanchain, we look forward to a 2022 with groundbreaking and innovative updates. According to reports, Wanchain closed 2021 with a whopping $400 million in total cross-chain volume.
At the time of publication, WAN token was trading at $0.596131, with a market cap of $115,098,084 and a 24-hour trading volume of $3,382,232. The token price is also down by 4.4% in the last 24 hours.